New Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand – Learn a little or a lot anywhere, anytime
ALREADY 145 COURSES AVAILABLE
These Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand are available anytime, anywhere. Check back frequently for newly added titles – Available MOC OnDemand courses.
ONLY 3 SIMPLE STEPS TO START LEARNING
1. PURCHASE THE COURSE
Go to Courses in top menu and choose the products you need. Proceed to checkout and pay via PayPal, credit card or direct bank transfer. Or you can use Microsoft Software Assurance training vouchers (SATV) instead.
2. RECEIVE UNIQUE ACCESS CODE
A unique access code ID will be sent to your e-mail. It allows you to have full access for 90 days from the moment of redemption.
3. EXPERIENCE MOC ON-DEMAND
Go to https://training.microsoft.com and redeem the code you have received using or creating an MSA account. Get the knowledge you need: your schedule, your pace, your place!
MOC On-Demand is brought to you by the people who write Microsoft software. It combines high-quality video, reading, live hands-on labs and knowledge checks in a self-paced format.
You can build skills on Microsoft technologies as your schedule allows — all at once or five minutes at a time. The modular, self-directed course structure adapts to your learning needs and learning style.
Frequently asked questions about MOC On-Demand
- Does a MOC On-Demand cover the same objectives as the classroom course by the same name?
A. Yes. A MOC On-Demand covers the same objectives as the classroom course by the same name.
- How is a MOC On-Demand different from other trainings out there?
A. Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand are created by Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCTs). Only Microsoft Learning Partners and Courseware Marketplace (for Microsoft Imagine Academy members) can offer authorized Microsoft Official Courses. With Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand, purchased through Microsoft Learning Partners and Courseware Marketplace, you know you are getting Microsoft-authored, high-quality, accurate content. And, upon successful completion of a MOC On-Demand, you’ll have solid credentials as you grow your IT skills and career.
- How do I register for a MOC On-Demand?
- Where can I find a MOC On-Demand I already registered for?
A. Every MOC On-Demand that you registered for is listed on your Skillpipe bookshelf. If you don’t see your course listed, make sure you followed the course activation instructions included with the redeemable course code you received when registering.
- What is a course code, and why do I need one?
A. A course code gives you access to the MOC On-Demand you registered for. After you purchase a MOC On-Demand from a Microsoft Learning Partner or, for Microsoft Imagine Academy members, through Courseware Marketplace, you receive a confirmation email with a course code and instructions to get started.
- How long do I have to complete a MOC On-Demand?
A. After you activate your course, you have three (3) months to complete it.
Note You can work on your course at any time throughout the three-month (3-month) period after you activate the course.
- What if I can’t get to the course in three (3) months?
A. You have six (6) months to activate your course. The three-month (3-month) period does not begin until you redeem your course code.
- Where can I find the course code to redeem for my MOC On-Demand?
A. After you purchase your course from a Microsoft Learning Partner or, for Microsoft Imagine Academy members, on Courseware Marketplace, you receive an email with a course code to redeem from your chosen Microsoft Learning Partner or Microsoft Partner Network Program member or from Microsoft Imagine Academy, along with other details for getting started with your course. If you don’t receive the email, contact your Learning Partner, Microsoft Imagine Academy administrator, or Courseware Marketplace.
- Can a MOC On-Demand course code be redeemed more than once?
A. No. A MOC On-Demand course code can be redeemed only once.
- Are Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand available in multiple languages?
A. No. At this time, Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand are available only in English.
- Where do I go for technical support?
- Who creates these courses?
A. We do. Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand are created by Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCTs) or subject matter experts teaching complete Microsoft Official Courseware (MOC), with real-time, cloud-hosted labs.
- How are these courses structured?
A. Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand are structured in a modular format.
Courses that play in MLX are composed of modules that take between three and eight minutes to watch. Each module contains one or two questions to test your comprehension. At the end of the course is an assessment of at least 25 questions.
Courses that play in Skillpipe are composed of modules that are divided into lessons. Each lesson contains a question or interaction to test your knowledge. The modules each contain five or six assessments, and the courses each contain 25 assessments.
- Do knowledge checks count toward the certificate of completion? Or do only the module assessments count?
A. No, knowledge checks do not count toward the certificate of completion. Only scored module and course assessments count toward the certificate.
- How much of a video needs to be watched to achieve a check mark on the table of contents panel?
A.When 20% of a video is watched within one session, a check mark is added to the table of contents panel.
- After a student completes a MOC On-Demand and passes the last knowledge check, is that student Microsoft certified?
A. No, passing the knowledge checks doesn’t earn certification. The knowledge checks are an excellent way to ensure that a student has learned the material, but they are not Microsoft Certification exams. To be certified, a student still has to take and pass a Microsoft Certification exam.
- Can I get a certificate of completion?
A. Yes, you can get a certification of completion.
- How do I achieve a certificate of completion?
A. To achieve a certificate of completion, you must attain a score of 70% in aggregate for all of the assessments at the end of each module.
- How are the “70% completion criteria” calculated to unlock the certificate of completion for MOC On-Demand?
A. All scored assessments count toward the course completion threshold. If the total score of all scored assessments is 100, the user needs to score 70 points to unlock the certificate.
The 70% threshold is applied on a course level, so it does not matter how and where you score the 70 points.
- How is the student provided with a certificate of completion?
A. When a student earns a minimum of 70% of the available points in a course’s scored assessments, he or she is granted a certificate of completion. The scored assessments are available at the end of each module.
A qualifying student can download the certificate as an Acrobat .PDF file that shows the student’s name, the course name and number, and the course completion date.
On the bookshelf, in the More Info section, students can track their progress and check how many points are needed before the certificate is unlocked. On the left, in the Skillpipe eReader, the Reporting section shows a complete Progress Report summary.
- Is it possible to track general course progress and completion?
A. Yes. Students can track their course progress in the Reporting section in Skillpipe. The Progress Report provides the student with an overview of which items were already worked on, how much time was spent in the different sections, and the performance status of each assessment. The student can access the report from within the course or from the bookshelf, even after a course has expired. Students can track the following metrics:
- Completion of each course element (video, exercises, assessments, and more)
- Last access date per element
- Number of views and time spent in element
- Best score for each scored assessment
- Overall course progress and time spent in course
- How long does a MOC On-Demand generally take to complete?
A. Generally, it takes about 30 to 40 hours to complete a MOC On-Demand.
- Q. What are the recommended system requirements for a MOC On-Demand?
A. Recommended system requirements for Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand and labs include:Operating system: Windows 10
Browser: Current version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft EdgeInternet access:
Broadband Internet connection (256 kilobytes per second)
External access to the Internet
Either an installed ActiveX control (requires local administrator permissions) or Internet Explorer 11 or later
For some corporate firewalls, a proxy client (such as TMG Client) may be requiredScreen resolution 1280 x 1024 or higher
Note You can also take a MOC On-Demand on your iPad® Retina 4th Generation; however, the lab experience is not optimized for tablets.Note Regularly scheduled maintenance for the Microsoft Labs Online (MLO) platform is currently at 10–12 P.M. Pacific Time every Thursday. During that time, you may not be able to access the MLO associated with a MOC On-Demand.
- Q. What are the minimum system requirements for a MOC On-Demand redeemed in Skillpipe?
A. The minimum system requirements for a MOC On-Demand redeemed in Skillpipe include:
Browser: Current version of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Firefox
Internet access: Broadband Internet connection (recommended network bandwidth of more than 4 Mbps)
Screen resolution: 1280 x 1024 or higher
- Q. What are the minimum system requirements for a MOC On-Demand redeemed on training.microsoft.com?
A. The minimum system requirements for MOC On-Demand and labs include:
Operating system: Windows 7 or later
Browser: Internet Explorer 9 or laterInternet access:
Broadband Internet connection (256 kilobytes per second)
External access to the Internet
Either an installed Active X control (requires local administrator permissions) or Internet Explorer 11 or later
For some corporate firewalls, a proxy client (such as TMG Client) may be required
Note Regularly scheduled maintenance for the Microsoft Labs Online (MLO) platform is currently at 10–12 P.M. Pacific Time every Thursday. During that time, you may not be able to access the MLO associated with a MOC On-Demand
Terms and conditions
Specific terms regarding Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand) and MOC On-Demand course codes
- Each code contains specific information about the program for which it is valid, the region for which it was purchased, the expiration date, and other terms and conditions for its use.
- A code may not be redeemed for cash, credit, or refund. Codes are not returnable and are void if altered. One (1) code can be redeemed for online access to one (1) Microsoft Official Course On-Demand for up to six (6) months.
- After course activation, the MOC On-Demand materials are available for three (3) months. Access to an associated lab environment will also expire no more than three (3) months from the date of activation.
- Each code may only be used once and cannot be shared. After it has been redeemed, a code cannot be extended or reused.
- Expired, stolen, or lost codes will not be replaced. Arvato, Microsoft, and the Microsoft Labs Online hosting partner are not responsible for lost or stolen codes. Course expiration dates will not be extended under any circumstance.
- See Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand system requirements.