The goal of this course is to bring awareness to the practices and principles of agility and how they apply to businesses and organizations. Through analysis of case studies, assessment, discussion and evaluation, participants will gain insight into what practices will enable them to lead real change across their organization.
Business leaders are encouraged to shift their mindset, evolve and lead their organization in empowering employees and becoming agents of change. In this module, participants will gain tangible knowledge, skills, and techniques that will help them towards making organizational agility a reality for their companies.
The workshop focuses on three important dimensions WHY, HOW and WHAT which help pave the foundation for Agile Leadership.
WHY – The Importance of Leadership and Culture in Enabling Agility
- How does organization culture impact agility in navigating challenges in today’s business environment?
- What is the relationship between culture and leadership mindset and behaviours?
- What are different interpretations of the term “value” and how do this impact value creation?
- What is the relationship between culture and the way the term “value” is interpreted? And how can this relationship affect organizational outcomes?
- How do organizations’ characteristics make up its design including structure, policies and measures, and how do they impact the culture of the organization?
WHAT – Organizational design, constraints and enablers
- What are some challenges to creating value flow when applying agile approaches across an organizational system?
- How do we assess organizational structures to scale agile practices?
- How do organizational structures impact organization culture and creating value?
- What are some governance policies and their influence on culture and creating value
- How do we compare organizational metrics for alignment with agile values and how do they impact behaviours and results in the organization?
- What can we use to identify, understand and influence the culture within an organization?
HOW – Organizational change
- How do we work with an agile approach to work with agile transformation?
- What are some importance of transparency and feedback loops for continuous improvements of organizational strategy?
- How does organizational change impact people, and how can leaders more effectively involve them in the change process?
- How might change be approached differently based on existing organizational culture and the influence that culture has on speed, risk, and receptiveness to change?
- How do we apply one technique to lead change and transition?
- How do we assess an agile transformation real case and how do we identify learning and takeaway messages from the inspiration?
- How do we analyze the impacts of organizational decision around around direction, alignment, structure and behavior?
- What are some key elements around culture, organizational design and change you identify to help an organization in mind whether it is an organization that’s about to starting its journey, or focuses on its next advancements?
CAL-Essential (CAL-E) is the pre-requisite to CAL-Organization.
Evelyn Tian is one of the few in the global Scrum community who holds high-level coaching and training qualifications. She is:
- Scrum Alliance Certified Team Coach (CTC) and Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC)
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer (CST)
- Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership Educator
- Scrum Alliance Certified Path to CSP Educator
As a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), Evelyn uses accelerated learning techniques like Training From The Back Of The Room to teach the course content in brain-friendly ways that help you maximize the learning experience and information retention.
As a Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) with close to thirty years of product development experience, and solid hands-on experience, Evelyn brings in years of coaching experience to the class, which helps the session to be more beneficial and practical.
Her training is well known as „fantastic learning and great fun!“
Since 2009, Evelyn has been working as a full-time coach, helping different organizations to transform. What makes her workshop different is that she works on coaching organizations in the trenches, and takes hands-on learning and experience into training workshops. She has track records in coaching organizations and teams with agile and Scrum transformation, and she is an internationally known conference speaker and trainer on Scrum, leadership, and coaching.
In the past decade, she has provided training and coaching support to companies in the sectors of finance, insurance, telecom, automotive, marketing, etc.
Additionally, she is an advisory board member of IEEE Software, where she mainly focuses on agile, Scrum, scaling and DevOps.