After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create and run a Web application.
- Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
- Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHTTPRequest objects and jQuery AJAX operations.
- Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
- Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
- Create Web applications that support offline operations.
- Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
- Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
- Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.
Module 1: Overview of HTML and CSS
Module 2: Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
Module 4: Creating Forms to Collect Data and Validate User Input
Lab : Creating a Form and Validating User Input
Module 5: Communicating with a Remote Data Source
Lab : Communicating with a Remote Data Source
Module 6: Styling HTML5 by Using CSS3
Lab : Styling Text and Block Elements using CSS3
Lab : Refining Code for Maintainability and Extensibility
Module 8: Creating Interactive Pages using HTML5 APIs
Lab : Creating Interactive Pages by Using HTML5 APIs
Module 9: Adding Offline Support to Web Applications
Lab : Adding Offline Support to a Web Application
Module 10: Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
Lab : Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
Module 11: Creating Advanced Graphics
Lab : Creating Advanced Graphics
Module 12: Animating the User Interface
Lab : Animating User Interface Elements
Module 13: Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Socket
Lab : Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
Module 14: Creating a Web Worker Process
Lab : Creating a Web Worker Process