After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe cloud computing, Azure, and Azure subscriptions.
• Azure PowerShell, the Azure Software Development Kit (SDK), and the Azure command-line interface (CLI) to manage Azure subscriptions.
• Create and configure virtual machines in Azure, and manage their disks.
• Create, configure, and monitor web apps in Azure and deploy Azure platform as a service (PaaS) cloud services.
• Create and configure Azure virtual networks.
• Create, manage, and configure cloud storage in Azure.
• Use Azure SQL Database to create, configure, and manage SQL databases.
• Create and manage Azure AD.
Module 1: Getting started with Microsoft Azure
This module introduces students to cloud services and the various Azure services. It describes how to use the Azure portal to access and manage Azure services, and to manage Azure subscription and billing.
Lab : Using the Azure portals
- Customizing the Azure portal interface
- Viewing billing, usage, and quotas data
Module 2: Microsoft Azure management tools
This module explains Azure PowerShell and its use in managing Azure subscriptions. It also describes how to use the Azure SDK and the Azure CLI to manage Azure subscriptions.
Lab : Using Microsoft Azure management tools
- Using the Azure PowerShell modules
- Using the Azure CLI
Module 3: Virtual machines in Microsoft Azure
This module explains how to create and configure virtual machines in Azure and how to manage disks for virtual machines.
Lab : Creating a VM in Azure
- Create a VM from the Azure portal by using an Azure Marketplace image
- Verify the functionality of the VM
- Configure storage of a VM
Module 4: Web Apps and cloud services
This module explains how to create, configure, and monitor web apps in Azure. It also describes how to create and deploy Azure PaaS cloud services.
Lab : Web Apps and cloud services
- Creating and configuring a WordPress web app
- Creating a cloud service
Module 5: Creating and configuring virtual networks
This module explains how to create and implement Azure networks and how to use their components to enhance the resiliency and availability of virtual machines.
Lab : Create and configure virtual networks
- Creating virtual networks
- Verifying virtual network functionality
Module 6: Cloud storage
This module explains the features and benefits of cloud storage. It also explains how to create, manage, and configure cloud storage in Azure.
Lab : Configure Azure Storage
- Create an Azure Storage account
- Create and manage blobs
Module 7: Microsoft Azure Databases
This module explains the options available for storing relational data in Azure. It also explains how to use SQL Database to create, configure, and manage SQL databases in Azure.
Lab : Creating a SQL Database in Azure
- Create a new Azure SQL database in Azure and configure SQL Server firewall rules
- Manage content of an Azure SQL database by using SQL Server Management Studio
Module 8: Creating and managing Azure AD
This module explains how to create users, domains, and directories in Azure AD, integrate applications with Azure AD, and use Multi-Factor Authentication.
Lab : Create and manage Azure Active Directory tenants
- Create users in Azure AD
- Create a new Azure AD tenant and a custom DNS domain
Length: 2 days/16 school class