About this course
This 5-day instructor-led course teaches IT professionals how to administer and support Exchange Server 2016. Students will learn how to install Exchange Server 2016, and how to configure and manage an Exchange Server environment. The course covers how to manage mail recipients and public folders, including how to perform bulk operations using Exchange Management Shell. Students also will learn how to manage client connectivity, message transport and hygiene, how to implement and manage highly available Exchange Server deployments, and how to implement back up and disaster recovery solutions.
The course also teaches students how to maintain and monitor an Exchange Server 2016 deployment. In addition, students will learn how to administer Exchange Online in an Office 365 deployment.
This course is primarily intended for people aspiring to become enterprise-level messaging administrators for Exchange Server 2016. IT generalists and help-desk professionals who want to learn about Exchange Server 2016 might also take this course. Students taking this course are expected to have at least two years of experience working in the IT field—typically in the areas of Windows Server administration, network administration, help desk, or system administration. They are not expected to have experience with previous Exchange Server versions.
The secondary audience for this course includes IT professionals who take this course as preparation material for exam 70-345: Designing and Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016, or as part of the requirement for the MCSE: Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 certification.
- Module 1: Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
- Lab : Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
- Module 2: Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 servers
- Lab : Configuring Mailbox servers
- Module 3: Managing recipient objects
- Lab : Managing Exchange Server recipients and public folders
- Lab : Managing Exchange Server email address lists and policies
- Module 4: Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 and recipient objects by using Exchange Management Shell
- Lab : Managing Exchange Server and recipient objects by using Exchange Management Shell
- Module 5: Implementing client connectivity
- Lab : Deploying and configuring client access services on Exchange Server 2016
- Lab : Deploying and configuring client access services on Exchange Server
- Module 6: Module 6: Managing high availability in Exchange Server 2016
- Lab : Implementing DAGs
- Lab : Implementing and testing high availability
- Module 7: Implementing disaster recovery for Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
- Lab : Backing up Exchange Server 2016
- Lab : Implementing disaster recovery for Exchange Server 2016
- Module 8: Configuring and managing message transport
- Lab : Configuring message transport
- Module 9: Configuring antivirus, antispam, and malware protection
- Lab : Configuring message security
- Module 10: Implementing and managing Microsoft Exchange Online deployments
- Lab : Managing Exchange Online
- Module 11: Monitoring and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
- Lab : Monitoring and troubleshooting Exchange Server 2016
- Module 12: Securing and maintaining Exchange Server 2016
- Lab : Securing and maintaining Exchange Server 2016