This 5-day classroom-based course provides the fundamental networking skills required to deploy and support Windows Server 2016 in most organizations. It covers IP fundamentals, remote access technologies, and more advanced content including Software Defined Networking.
Who should attend
- Network administrators who are looking to reinforce existing skills and learn about new networking technology changes and functionality in Windows Server 2016.
- System or Infrastructure Administrators with general networking knowledge who are looking to gain core and advanced networking knowledge and skills on Windows Server 2016.
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012
- Experience working in a Windows Server infrastructure enterprise environment
- Knowledge of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model
- Understanding of core networking infrastructure components and technologies such as cabling, routers, hubs, and switches
- Familiarity with networking topologies and architectures such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and wireless networking
- Some basic knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol stack, addressing and name resolution
- Experience with and knowledge of Hyper-V and virtualization
- Hands-on experience working with the Windows client operating systems such as Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan and implement an IPv4 network.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement and manage IP address management (IPAM).
- Plan for remote access.
- Implement DirectAccess.
- Implement virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Implement networking for branch offices.
- Configure advanced networking features.
- Implement Software Defined Networking.
5 days/40 school class
Module 1: Planning and implementing an IPv4 network
- Planning IPv4 addressing
- Configuring an IPv4 host
- Managing and troubleshooting IPv4 network connectivity
Lab : Planning an IPv4 network
Lab : Implementing and troubleshooting an IPv4 network
Module 2: Implementing DHCP
Overview of the DHCP server role
- Deploying DHCP
- Managing and troubleshooting DHCP
Lab : Implementing DHCP
Module 3: Implementing IPv6
- Overview of IPv6 addressing
- Configuring an IPv6 host
- Implementing IPv6 and IPv4 coexistence
- Transitioning from IPv4 to IPv6
Lab : Configuring and evaluating IPv6 transition technologies
Module 4: Implementing DNS
- Implementing DNS servers
- Configuring zones in DNS
- Configuring name resolution between DNS zones
- Configuring DNS integration with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Configuring advanced DNS settings
Lab : Planning and implementing name resolution by using DNS
Lab : Integrating DNS with Active Directory
Lab : Configuring advanced DNS settings
Module 5: Implementing and managing IPAM
- Overview of IPAM
- Deploying IPAM
- Managing IP address spaces by using IPAM
Lab : Implementing IPAM
Module 6: Remote access in Windows Server 2016
- Overview of remote access
- Implementing the Web Application Proxy
Lab : Implementing Web Application Proxy
Module 7: Implementing DirectAccess
- Overview of DirectAccess
- Implementing DirectAccess by using the Getting Started Wizard
- Implementing and managing an advanced DirectAccess infrastructure
Lab : Implementing DirectAccess by using the Getting Started Wizard
Lab : Deploying an advanced DirectAccess solution
Module 8: Implementing VPNs
- Planning VPNs
- Implementing VPNs
Lab : Implementing VPN
Module 9: Implementing networking for branch offices
- Networking features and considerations for branch offices
- Implementing Distributed File System (DFS) for branch offices
- Implementing BranchCache for branch offices
Lab : Implementing DFS for branch offices
Lab : Implementing BranchCache
Module 10: Configuring advanced networking features
- Overview of high performance networking features
- Configuring advanced Microsoft Hyper-V networking features
Lab : Configuring advanced Hyper-V networking features
Module 11: Implementing Software Defined Networking
- Overview of SDN.
- Implementing network virtualization
- Implementing Network Controller
Lab : Deploying Network Controller
Preparation for exam
This course is preparation for Exam 70-741
Ova obuka se može realizovati i kroz SA trening vaučere koji se dobijaju uz kupovinu Microsoft licenci. Više informacija na telefon:
065 4728 223